ACR Recruitment and Training are recruiting a room leader for our prestigious client in Kenilworth , easily commutable from Warwick , leamington and Coventry.
Candidates will need to have a passion for providing excellent care to children along with experience in leading members of staff.
Your role as Room Leader will include:
- Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
- Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
- Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1’s, Supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
- Proven experience of working with early years education settings with successful outcomes for children at ‘Good or Outstanding ’ regulatory inspection outcomes
- Working in collaboration with colleagues in achieving positive working relationships through effective communication and the support of all members of the nursery team.
- A strong record of on-going training and/or professional qualifications since qualifying
- Strong decision-maker, with the proven ability to work as part of a team to ensure essential day to day tasks are completed in line with nursery demands ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
- Experience of food preparation and the completion of relevant training linked to food management
- Experience of child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures
- Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines in relation to children’s record keeping and assessment.
- Current 12hrs Paediatric First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of Local Authority and Regulatory requirements and inspection processes across the UK
- Working within policies, procedures, and regulatory requirement.
- Full and relevant level 3 qualification or level 2 qualification (essential)
- 12 hours paediatric first aid (essential)
- Food Hygiene or equivalent training and compliance in food management (this can be completed as part of Induction)
- Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly (essential)
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques (oral and in writing)
- Ability to support and inspire nursery colleagues to achieve the highest standards or care and education.
- Ability to build trust and develop cohesive working relationships with colleagues
- Able to manage workload and manage time effectively
- Able and competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills