ACR Recruitment and Training are looking for a dedicated and hard working member of staff to join a well known outstanding nursery in Coventry . candidates need to have an empathy with young children and show a keen interest in the care and welfare of the children that you are working with and a very sound understanding of child development.
Observations and recording of assessments of children are expected to show a good level of key skills, attention to detail and of a high quality of content and presentation.
You will be working within a nursery that has an excellent reputation within the city and who’s last Ofsted report was outstanding in all areas of care and education. Staff retention is good at the nursery and there is a balance between more mature and experienced staff and younger staff who are in training and building up their knowledge and experience.
You will be working within a staff team of approximately twelve nursery nurses. The appointee will eventually be working as a Key Carer for a group of children.
We would expect the applicant to have a good knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework and be able to apply the core principles laid down within this framework into their everyday practice.
1. A sound knowledge of child development.
2. Good written skills and verbal communication skills.
3. A reasonable knowledge and understanding of the Foundation Stage Curriculum.
4. A reasonable knowledge and understanding of the guidelines and legislation regarding Ofsted
5. A willingness to undertake training and an awareness of the importance of personal and professional development.
6. A commitment to working in an anti-discriminatory way to ensure equality of opportunity.
7. A flexible and creative approach to working with families, children and staff.
8. Good organisational skills, good time management and the ability to prioritise.
9. A willingness to work with the full age range of children from one to eight years old.
10. To be able to work in a close-knit staff team being sensitive to the needs of others.
11. To have an understanding of the planning and implementation of the nursery curriculum.
12. To have a good awareness of health and safety.
13. To have high standards of hygiene and housekeeping practices.
candidates should also hold a level 3 or above childcare qualification.