ACR recruitment and Training are recruiting a SENCO Team Leader for our client , a Nursery based in Coventry.
The successful applicant will be required :
· To keep an up to date SEN register for the entire setting.
· To support the Team Leader- Raindrops group with all 2 year checks and follow up any concerns.
· To advise and support the Raindrops group with ‘Wellcomm’ screening for all two year olds within the setting, within the deadline required. To organise any interventions where children fall below expected levels.
· To advise and support all areas of the nursery with Wellcomm screening all children appropriately and working with key carers.
· To work with keycarers of any EAL (English as an Additional Language) children and organise outside support where necessary. Encourage links with parents of EAL children and offer targeted support if needed.
·To work with key carers to provide interventions for children who are struggling in any EYFS area. To organise appropriate parental involvement and arrange meetings
· To liaise with any outside agencies and organise and lead on meetings where necessary
· To complete Speech and Language referrals when required
· To complete SENIF funding forms for any eligible children
· To compile IEPs (Individual Educational Plan) with Nursery Manager’s support where needed
· Organise work packs for children in Pre-School groups, and liaising with Pre-School keycarers around this.
· To organise home library book links for all Pre-School children.
· To attend Open Days (1 each year) Parents Evenings (3 each year) and staff meetings (up to 6 a year) when requested. LIEU time will be given for these
· To attend statutory training provided by the nursery and follow the guidelines laid down in the nursery’s Training Policy. Payment will be refunded at an agreed hourly rate
· To promote the development of children in your care with emphasis on the areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
· To establish positive relationships with parents and primary carers and encourage involvement wherever possible.
· To work together with the Manager and Deputy Manger and oversee the staff team to ensure that a programme of activities operates within the nursery that reflects the particular needs of each SEN child, facilitating their development.
· To ensure that parents receive adequate feedback at the end of the day with regards to any SEN sessions undertaken.
Applicants should have :
- At least four years experience of working in a day care setting
- A current SENCO qualification, ideally with at least 3 years SENCO experience
- A Level 3 Qualification appropriate to the post & 2 years plus post-qualification experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Paperwork will need to be detailed and up to date
- A sound knowledge and understanding of the new EYFS framework
- An understanding of the guidelines and legislation regarding Ofsted
- A knowledge of the Welfare Standards as contained within the Statutory Framework of the new EYFS
- A willingness to undertake training and an awareness of the importance of personal and professional development
- A commitment to working in an anti-discriminatory way to ensure equality of opportunity
- A flexible and creative approach to working with families, children and staff
- Good organisational skills, good time management and the ability to prioritise
- Ability to challenge poor practice or under-performance by staff in a diplomatic, positive but firm manner.