ACR Recruitment and Training Ltd are looking for an experienced Controls Software Engineer to join our Coventry Manufacturing Client on a permanent basis.
Candidates are required to have proven experience as a Control Software Engineer within a manufacturing environment and also be available to travel overseas.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following attributes;
- Test of electrical control circuits & Test safety circuits
- Configure, l Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials
- Load and test PLC / CNC Controls (Mainly Siemens).
- Measuring system calibrations and preparation of the machine for production trials Design of control circuits (hardware and PLC). Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications
- Design of control circuits (hardware and PLC). Functional Testing of the machine tool to product and contract specifications
- Ability to read electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic circuit diagrams
- Experienced with AC & DC control circuits (LV). Experienced with setup and commissioning of inverter drives & servo motors.
- Good working knowledge of actuators & sensors
- Practical experience of fault finding on electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Have understanding and practical working knowledge of CNC tools
- Experience of reading & writing PLC programs (TIA Portal & STEP 7).
- Competent use of PC equipment, windows, office applications, TIA/STEP 7 and EPLAN.
- Basic NC Programming experience (Siemens 840D experience advantageous.
Early finish on a Friday!
Over seas travel may be required