ACR Recruitment and Training Ltd are looking for an experienced Control system Engineer for our client based in Coventry on a permanent basis.
To apply for this role you will already have suitable and proven experience as a Control system engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Your responsibilities will be to provide design and engineering support for the delivery of large and small process plant, special purpose machines and industrial equipment projects. This includes; electrical systems design, using dedicated electrical design software, control system software design, PLC and HMI/SCADA on various proprietary platforms and some PC based systems. To provide, post design, pre-commissioning\set-up of plant instrumentation, networks, systems and motion control. System testing up to and including Factory acceptance Test (FAT), to include testing and commissioning documentation leading to onsite systems commissioning, Site Acceptance Test (SAT) and handover to the client.
Key Skills, Duties and Abilities;
1. Must have extensive experience of understanding and interpreting client specifications in order to contribute to functional design specifications and develop robust and efficient system solutions.
2. Experience of designing electrical control systems from scratch and amending existing designs using a proprietary electrical design software package. A sound knowledge of current technology, systems and products is essential. An ability to produce detailed drawings in line with the functional design specification. Must be qualified to 17th edition level.
3. Must have extensive experience of designing control system PLC and HMI/SCADA software from scratch and also making amendments/upgrades to existing system software. Competence in the use of Siemens, Rockwell, Schneider and Mitsubishi PLC and HMI platforms. A knowledge of some PC systems would also be beneficial. An ability to clearly document software design detail for inclusion in functional design specifications.
4. Must have experience of Cloud based communication systems in an industrial environment, covering such things as Industry 4.0, IoT, AI, mobile devices & data storage.
5. Understanding of motion control products, systems and proprietary robotics.
6. Must have working knowledge of proprietary network technologies supported by the major PLC/HMI vendors.
7. Experience of integrating electrical and software designs into fully functioning control systems for industrial systems.
8. Capability of setting up/pre-commissioning, commissioning, testing (FAT & SAT) such systems and providing supporting documentation right up to system handover.
9. Capability to produce and develop system testing plans, supporting documentation and perform FAT and SAT on these integrated systems.
10. Understanding of current electrical regulations and safety requirements and instigate any required changes to internal practices in order ensure compliance.
11. Capability to create and develop standard software and graphical interface modules for clients products.
12. Maintain all design records and version control. Contribute to and author operations and maintenance manuals for client designed systems.
13. Carry out all work in accordance with QMS
14. Carry out other duties that may be requested in association with the company’s
Key Personal Skills and Attributes;
- Minimum 5 year experience in a similar role.
- A flexible and proactive personality with a keenness to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
- Strong problem solving character with good communication skills, an ability to listen as well as contribute and a positive and assertive attitude.
- A strong team working ethic is a must have but an ability to work alone is also required.
- A keen eye for detail and quality coupled with flexibility to meet fast changing requirements would be very beneficial.
- Must be comfortable with periods of site work in the UK and overseas.