ACR Recruitment and Training Ltd are looking for an experienced Application Engineer for our client based in Coventry.
This position requires a well-motivated, confident Applications Engineer who can demonstrate the following;
- Experienced programmer / Setter (3 - 5 Axis) CNC machines (Siemens 840D is of advantage)
- Experience of grinding would be an advantage (Threads, Worms, Gears)
- Cary out machine levelling, alignments checks and training during installation
- Excellent communication skills to train customers to use our machines
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical drawings (Basic Level)
- Ability to carry out fault finding electrical, mechanical and pneumatic/hydraulic (Basic Level)
- Competent in the use of computers, email and MS Office.
- Machine functional testing against in house test procedures
- Machine programming and setup to produce customer parts to drawings
- Machine and associated equipment preparation for customer trials, PDI & installation
- Machine installation and customer training, including demonstrations
- Good understanding of CNC programming (Siemens 840D preferred)
- Process development and time studies
- After sales support & service.
Working work: Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm, Friday 7.30am - 3pm
The company offers 25 days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays. In addition to this there is an overseas travel allowance and time in lieu to compensate for any weekend travel. You will be provided with a company mobile phone & laptop. There is also a Pension & Health Care scheme in place.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking global market leader and to work within a skilled, friendly team.