A fantastic opportunity has arisen to with one of our clients to work as a Junior Sous Chef in the Helston area of Cornwall. Working in a busy country pub you will assist the Head chef in the day to day running of the kitchen.
Job Description :
- Lead kitchen team in chef's absence
- Provides guidance to junior kitchen staff members, including, but not limited, to line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating
- Oversees and organises kitchen stock and ingredients
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organised for quality assurance
- Keeps cooking stations stocked, especially before and during prime operation hours
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards
- Manages food and product ordering by keeping detailed records and minimises waste, plus works with existing systems to improve waste reduction and manage budgetary concerns
- Supervises all food preparation and presentation to ensure quality and restaurant standards
- Works with head chef to maintain kitchen organisation, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Assists head chef with menu creation
This is a full time permanent position and can include accommodation if required. So are you an up and coming Sous Chef that would like to take on a new challenge in one of the most beautiful parts of the country ? If so call our head office today on 02476 631028.